- Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Must be in bed 10:30 p.m. early to rise 5:30 a.m.
- Look your absolute best at all times – this includes your martial arts uniform.
- Martial Arts to the extreme. You must train a min of 1 hour per day and must be more intense than you normally do it!
- Stick to healthy eating – only put food in your body that will give you energy.
- Take charge of your Digital Life.
- No television. No social media – unless it is NEEDED for work.
- Work is only about work. Home is only about home. Make the distinction this week.
- Step up your game. Tackle everything with purpose and dedication. See every task through! Take charge of the situation and make a decision or do something you’ve been putting off. Be positive and pleasant the entire week even though you’re going to take charge.
- Follow the daily theme each day! I’ll blog the theme for each day here.
- Did you know that you choose the thoughts that you are thinking consistently. If not consciously, than you are just choosing them by default – also probably not the best if you want to demonstrate mental black belt excellence. What if you only focused on the thoughts that worked, the right thoughts? What if you had that power? We do have that power. We all do.
- Right-thinking becomes a routine if you practice it.
- No snooze button today and this week. As soon as you wake up, change the mindset from “I don’t think I slept enough” to ‘what am I most looking forward to today?’
- Journal your habits – make a note of each habit. Pay special attention to what you do on a daily basis. Do you put hair jel in first and then deodorant or the other way around. Pay special attention to things you do routinely. Note and jot down the habits.
- Evaluate your habits and create two piles – good and bad. Some will be neutral.
- “The second half of a man’s life is nothing more than living out the habits he acquired in the first half of his life.” Wow, this is very powerful!
- Emotion is the strongest impetus for change. If you have no emotion you will not change radically.
- This week, pay attention to your emotions, ask yourself, am I living the life I always wanted? Where will I be in one year? 5 years? 10 years? If you don’t like the answer, then what habits are getting in the way of living my goals. It all comes back to some habits. If you don’t like the answer than what new habits do you need in your life?
- Without strong emotions to make change, you have to take the long route which is to make small adjustments that will make and lead to overall change.
- Reflect on all of this each evening. Set aside time for this.
For the full picture of what Monday looks like, you will need to read the book Hell Week: Seven Days to be your best self. Follow the directions and let’s harness the power of habits.
To Black Belt and Beyond,
Mr. Sam Wegert