Face it! 5 minutes is easy to find if you are committed. If you could lower your stress, dismiss toxic acid from your body, build your family bond even stronger, and dramatically reduce the resistance in your body would you find those 5 minutes.
We think you should. Mr. Robert Turner is a 4th degree black belt, world champion martial artist and program director at our school in Charlottesville, VA. Him and I will share why we think you should stretch for 5 minutes every day.
Serving you through martial arts,
A letter I just received from godaddy.com. It is worth reading.
I am so thankful that I have so many people in my life that demonstrate this. This paragraph sums them up ever so well.
“One of the clearest lessons we’ve learned is that the one word to describe you best is ‘courageous.’ You go after what you really love, you chart your own course, and you create something (often from nothing) that usually makes the world a better place. Whether it’s a neighborhood pizza shop, an organization to help those in need, or a company poised to launch a new industry, you believe where others don’t. You have the guts to strike out on your own to make your dreams — however bold or humble — a reality. That’s courage, and it’s worth every ounce of support we can give.”
Here is to being courageous! Back to work-let’s make a difference.
To Black Belt and beyond.
The quality on this video isn’t very good but it was only captured once so I decided to share.
At the end of your life you won’t remember everything. What you will remember are magic moments.
About a week ago, I went with a friend to visit the grandmother of my best friend. She is 94 years old. We brought her flowers for no reason and just wanted to make her day and break the monotony of life in a nursing home. We asked about her life, husband, kids, etc. She talked to us for hours about the moments of her life. She smiled as she recounted specific times when she met her husband at the movie theater or when her grandson jumped over her head and freaked her out. For hours, she recounted the moments.
In the busyness of your life, when was the last time you stopped to create a magic moment consciously?
Join me in being a magic moments magician. Here are 10 ways you can create a moment that will not forgotten easily.
1. Sip a cup of tea as you take a stroll as someone encouraged me to do today.
2. Stop by a park on your way to work or on your way home and just listen
3. Open up a new browser tab and send someone an email or facebook message that you haven’t heard from in a year
4. Call someone you love and say these words, “I don’t have much time. I’m right in the middle of something but I just wanted to call you and tell you I love you. That’s all! I love you. Goodbye.”
5. Go through the drive through and pay for the person behind you in addition to yourself
6. Go through a toll booth and pay for someone behind you. Drive away slowly and you will receive looks of gratitude for this one. 🙂
7. Go look at some old pictures of yourself and reminisce even if just for a minute about all that you have learned and how far you have come in your life.
8. Send a text message to someone with these words, “I’m proud and blessed to know you. Thank you for being in my life.”
9. Go to flowers.com or amazon.com and ship something to someone randomly for no reason other than you just decided it would be cool. This is one of my favorite and I can do it in less than 2 minutes if I know their address. Credit card on file-add the address-ship. Done!
10. Model something that someone does in the video above.
Remember, at the end of your life you will remember magic moments and that is all. Create some today!